Submit a Poem!
Looking for a place to share your poems? Family Friend Poems is a showcase for popular contemporary poetry. We only publish poems our visitors will love. We publish less than 2% of poems submitted to us. If you're not sure your poem is good enough, post your poem on our forums and get some feedback there first.
We are looking for quality poems that display poetic techniques. Some of these techniques include rhyme schemes, stanzas, metaphors, similes, imagery, and personification. We welcome a variety of structured poetry as well (haiku, sonnets, limericks, etc.). We search for poems that have been created with a lot of thought and work by the poet.
Why should you publish your poem with us? If your poem is good enough and we do publish it. It is likely that there are few other places on the web or in print where more people will read your poem over time.
Here's how it works:
- There is a long waiting period for new poetry to be reviewed, with a wait time of up to 6 months.
- Poems are first scanned by our Editors, rated on our review new poems page by up to 10 visitors, then passed to our Editors for a final decision.
- You can speed up the process by taking time to rate some newly submitted poems on our Review Page.
- We will notify you by email ONLY if your poem IS published on our website.
- We do not publish poems which are already posted on the Internet. If you post the poem on our FFP Poetry Forums, we will move it to the Members Only section before publishing it on the website.
- You may submit only 1 poem every 30 days. If you would like to submit another poem before 30 days, then delete your pending poem. If we publish your poem you can submit another right away.
- Submit your most popular poem. Choose a poem that people from all over the world can relate to. Put personal details in the introduction not the poem.
- Only submit poems written in English
* Indicates required fields