Family Friend Poems occasionally holds Poetry Contests with various prizes. If there is an ongoing poetry contest you can find information on this page or we can send you an email.
Submit Your Best Poem - Publish Your Poetry Online
Why should you publish your poem with Family Friend Poems?
Do you want your poem published online where millions of people can read it? We have been publishing popular contemporary poetry online since 2006. Huge numbers of people from all over the world visit our website and read our published poems each day. There are very few other places on the web or in print where more people will read your poem over time!
What makes us different from other poetry sites?
- High Standards - Unlike most other large online poetry websites, our Editors determine which poems we publish. So, there are a limited number of poems for visitors to view. Popular poems stay at the top for years.
- Unique - We only publish contemporary poems which are not already published online.
- Share Your Story - "Has this poem touched you? Share Your Story." We encourage readers facing similar life experiences to share their stories. Your poem's page can become a resource for thoughtful, meaningful discussion about a topic you care about.
Submitting Your Poem
Please follow the rules or your poem will be deleted.
- Only submit poems written in English.
- Do NOT Submit more than 1 poem in 30 days. If we publish your poem you can submit another poem right away.
- We do not publish poems which are already posted publicly on the Internet. However, you may submit your poem here and post your poem publicly on our FFP Poetry Forums. If we do publish your poem here, then we will move your poem on the forum to the Members Only section of the forum.
- Submit your most popular poem. Choose a poem that people from all over the world can relate to.
- Submitted poems should use basic poetic techniques and be high quality. We look to publish heartfelt poems that have been created with a lot of thought and work by the poet. Poems which use techniques such as rhyme schemes, stanzas, metaphors, similes, imagery, and personification. We welcome a variety of structured poetry as well.
Not sure if your poem meets our high standards? Join our poetry forums and post it there first. Then only if you get lots of positive feedback, come back here and submit it.
- We publish less than 3% of poems submitted to us. The review process can take an extremely long time. Please read the details of our Review Process on our FAQ page.
Submit Poem Form
* Indicates required fields