Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: Friday, September 21, 2018
Keeping My Daddy With Me
by Lisa Gardner My heart changed when you left.
Time froze and I wanted to hide.
It was a moment that will stay with me forever...
the day my Daddy died.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Day!
Poem of the Week for: 09/18/2018 - 09/24/2018
World Alzheimer's Month occurs every September. It's goal is to raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease and dementia. World Alzheimer's Day is on Friday September 21st this year. This week's poem, Changing Places by Alora M. Knight touches on the plight of caregivers, the children of the Alzheimer patient, who must "change places" and take care of their parents.
As you know, after each poem we ask you, Were you touched by this poem? Share your Story! In this poem's featured story, Kat from Chicago shares,
I have met people with memory loss and I have spent time with them and with their caregivers/families at a respite care center where I have been volunteering and where I have shared the novel that I'm writing. Your poem aptly captures the frustrations and challenges and sense of loss I imagine people must be feeling when they see the changes that Alzheimer's brings about and yet I see these family members and caregivers soldiering on, under such difficult, trying circumstances....
by Alora M. Knight
I see the sadness in your eyes,
The times that you are knowing
What's happening to your wondrous mind,
The symptoms you are showing.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Week!
- Death Is Nothing At All by Henry Scott-Holland
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking by Emily Dickinson
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Edna St. Vincent Millay The Ballad Of The Harp Weaver
- Edgar Guest The Stick-Together Families
- Edgar Guest Have You Earned Your Tomorrow
- Edgar Guest A Child Of Mine
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer The Invitation
- Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman
- Pablo Neruda When I Die I Want Your Hands On My Eyes
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Love Long Distance My Dearest Love
- Other Creativity Natural
- Life Inspirational Successful Life
- Nature Environment Mighty Tempest
- Friend Life Long True Friendship
- Sad Sickness The Greatest Loss
- Spiritual Religious A Woman For All Times
- Sad Short Poem The Change
- Teen Alone The Hidden Pain
- Sad Mental Illness The Monster
- Family Addiction The Ecstasy And The Agony
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Sad Love Missing You The Game
- Death Death Family The Loss Of A Cousin