Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: June 24, 2018
Summer is a great time for families to travel and experience different attractions together. In this poem, the speaker shares about a trip to the zoo and all the excitement surrounding seeing the animals.
Connect Over a Poem:
If your child has gone to the zoo before, ask them about their favorite animal or exhibit. Why did they like that animal? If they haven’t been to a zoo before, ask them what this poem made them want to see.
In the coming month, plan a trip as a family to go to the zoo or other attraction your children will enjoy.
We invite you to write a poem about the experience and share it with us here: http://bit.ly/ffpSubmit. Select “Children” as your Main Category and “By Kids” as your subcategory.
For our Mobile App users, go to Settings and click on Submit Poem.
A Day Out To Remember
by Samantha G. Faulkner Today we're going to the zoo.
I'm psyched, I'm zinged, I'm Scooby Doo.
My shoes are on, my scarf, my hat.
I'm bouncing like an acrobat.
Poem of the Week for: 06/19/2018 - 06/25/2018
Now that Father's Day and Mother's Day are over until next year, it's time to focus on Children's Day, every single day of the year when we give our children our unconditional love no matter what they do.
In this week's poem, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, beautifully describes his love for his children from the depths of his heart, in language from the mid 1800's, but in sentiments that are timeless.
The Children's Hour
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Between the dark and the daylight,
When the night is beginning to lower,
Comes a pause in the day's occupations,
That is known as the Children's Hour.
- Mother To Son by Langston Hughes
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking by Emily Dickinson
- Edna St. Vincent Millay The Ballad Of The Harp Weaver
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Edgar Guest Have You Earned Your Tomorrow
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Edgar Guest A Child Of Mine
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Maya Angelou Still I Rise
- Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow A Psalm Of Life
- Maya Angelou Human Family
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Love Long Distance My Dearest Love
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Spiritual Prayer My Prayer
- Nature Ocean The Ocean
- Family Anger Mother
- Death Mourning Sometimes In Our Lives
- Nature Beach Silent Conversations
- Nature Beach Whispering Waves
- Spiritual Nature A Meditation
- Spiritual Death Relinquished
- Nature Environment The Enigma Of A Forest
- Nature Beach Paradise
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Sad Love Missing You The Game
- Death Death Family The Loss Of A Cousin