Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: Wednesday, October 16, 2019
The Patience Of A Heart
by K_j_heart Love takes time.
It takes patience
to find the one,
to find him,
Subscribe to the Poem of the Day!
Poem of the Week for: 10/15/2019 - 10/21/2019
Have you ever experienced an everlasting, all-consuming love? A love that engulfs all your thoughts and actions? A love that is unconditional? Famous poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning experienced that and shares of its power with her readers in this poem. It was published in 1850 in the poetry collection Sonnets from the Portuguese. A few years before, in 1846, Elizabeth and Robert Browning eloped. She did not have the support from her father, who was a controlling man. When Elizabeth and Robert eloped, her father disinherited her, and they never spoke again. But she found the love she deserved with Robert Browning. In the two years before they wed, they exchanged love letters, a total of 573. When was the last time you sent a love letter? Maybe this poem will inspire you to write to that special someone in your life and share all the reasons you love them.
How Do I Love Thee?
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Week!
- Death Is Nothing At All by Henry Scott-Holland
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- Now We Are Six by A. A. Milne
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Edgar Guest Equipment
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer The Invitation
- Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman
- Douglas Malloch Good Timber
- Maya Angelou Still I Rise
- Edgar Guest A Child Of Mine
- Edgar Guest The Stick-Together Families
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Sad Alone Mask
- Nature Fall Autumn
- Life Compassion A Way To Give
- Love Moving On My Love
- Sad Love Heartbreak Truth Lies
- Life War If I Don't Make It Home
- Nature Environment The Changing Earth
- Nature Environment Mother Earth
- Teen Feelings Inside / Outside
- Friend Forever That's What Friends Are For
- Sad Alone Forgotten Man
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Death Death Husband Missing You
- Sad Love Missing You The Game