Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: Saturday, February 22, 2020
by Shaydee A. Ault Your words to me are weakness.
They slay me to the ground.
Sometimes you make me feel lost,
Though I'm wishing I were found.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Day!
Poem of the Week for: 02/18/2020 - 02/24/2020
Famous poet Edna St. Vincent Millay emotionally conveys the pain of losing a loved one in her poem “Time Does Not Bring Relief (Sonnet II).” The memory of that loved one will always be on our minds. It feels as though even the passing of time does not ease the hurt. Memories come flooding back as soon as you enter a place where the two of you enjoyed moments together. It can be a painful reminder of the new emptiness that has become a reality. Stepping foot in those places can bring incredible fear, which Edna St. Vincent Millay confirms. Celebrate this poet’s birthday (born February 22, 1892) this week by reading more of her poetry.
Time Does Not Bring Relief (Sonnet II)
by Edna St. Vincent Millay
Time does not bring relief; you all have lied
Who told me time would ease me of my pain!
I miss him in the weeping of the rain;
I want him at the shrinking of the tide;
Subscribe to the Poem of the Week!
- Death Is Nothing At All by Henry Scott-Holland
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- Now We Are Six by A. A. Milne
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Douglas Malloch It's Fine Today
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Edgar Guest A Friend's Greeting
- Douglas Malloch Good Timber
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer The Invitation
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Maya Angelou When Great Trees Fall
- Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman
- Maya Angelou Still I Rise
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Sad Alone Mask
- Children Funny My Brother Can Eat
- Children Funny Musings Of A Three-Year-Old
- Spiritual Prayer I Prayed
- Other Limerick Confessions Of A Serial Plant Killer
- Life Courage Finding A Will When Wanting To Quit
- Valentine Short Poem The Power Of Your Smile
- Valentine Romantic If I Could, I Would
- Funny Rhyme Home Alone
- Love Forever Eternal Emotion
- Valentine To Boyfriend Will You Be My Boo?
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Husband Missing You
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Death Death Family The Loss Of A Cousin