Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: Thursday, August 16, 2018
The Power Of Family
by Antony Smith Family is
heaven sent from our father above,
bonded by the power of love.
No matter what, family has each other's backs
Subscribe to the Poem of the Day!
Poem of the Week for: 08/14/2018 - 08/20/2018
This week's extraordinary poem, The Invitation, packs enough profundity to fill a book. The author, Oriah Mountain Dreamer, did in fact write a book based on her famous poem. In the author's own words here is how the poem came to be.
"I wrote the prose poem, The Invitation one night after returning home from a party. I don’t usually attend parties but on this occasion, berating myself for being anti‐social, I made an effort to go and be friendly. I returned home feeling frustrated, dissatisfied with the superficial level of the social interaction at the party. I longed for something else.
Years before I had attended a writing workshop where poet David Whyte had given us a writing exercise, based on a poem of his own, where we began alternate lines with the phrases, “It doesn’t interest me. . .” and “What I really want to know is. . .” Using this form I sat down and wrote The Invitation as an expression of all the things I really did want to know about and share with other."
by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
It doesn't interest me
what you do for a living.
I want to know
what you ache for
Subscribe to the Poem of the Week!
- Death Is Nothing At All by Henry Scott-Holland
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking by Emily Dickinson
- Edna St. Vincent Millay The Ballad Of The Harp Weaver
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Edgar Guest The Stick-Together Families
- Edgar Guest A Child Of Mine
- Edgar Guest Have You Earned Your Tomorrow
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Maya Angelou Still I Rise
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer The Invitation
- Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Love Long Distance My Dearest Love
- Children Lesson Touching The Sky
- Children Nature Cool Summer
- Children Family My Little Nephew
- Children Lesson Free To Be You!
- Children Lesson The Shepherd Slept
- Children Animal Always Love Your Pet, No Matter How Old They Get
- Children Lesson The Little Panda
- Children Lesson Make Me A Garden
- Children Nature A Lifelong Companion
- Life Courage My Life
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Sad Love Missing You The Game
- Death Death Family The Loss Of A Cousin