Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: Saturday, October 20, 2018
Forever Vanished Love
by Stefanie Everything was simple,
Everything was fine.
I knew I couldn't have you,
And I knew why.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Day!
Poem of the Week for: 10/16/2018 - 10/22/2018
Thus week's poem is a short but powerful poem from the famous poet Robert Frost. Which is worse hate or indifference? What do you think makes the poem a classic? A reader shared:
One of these things will end the world. Mainly he [Frost] thinks fire will end the world because people do fight each other very often in the world we live in. But he also thinks the world may end in bitterness and inhospitably places. I have really connected personally to this poem because we live in a world today where people are either uninviting or they will kick you when you are already down for amusement.
Did the poem touch you? Read the rest of this comment and share what you think the poem means in the comments box under the poem.
Fire And Ice
by Robert Frost
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Week!
- Death Is Nothing At All by Henry Scott-Holland
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking by Emily Dickinson
- Edgar Guest The Stick-Together Families
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Edgar Guest Only A Dad
- Edna St. Vincent Millay The Ballad Of The Harp Weaver
- Edgar Guest Have You Earned Your Tomorrow
- Edgar Guest A Child Of Mine
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Edgar Guest See It Through
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer The Invitation
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Love Long Distance My Dearest Love
- Sad Love Break Up He Is Hurting Too
- Death Death Husband Stillness
- Teen Moving On Dust To Dust
- Children For Kids A Child's Goodnight
- Children Family Brother Trouble
- Other Metaphor The Bully Within
- Sad Rape Black Bird
- Other Short Poem Don't Neglect Your Love
- Sad Mental Illness The Night Is The Hardest
- Sad Alone Release
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Sad Love Missing You The Game
- Death Death Family The Loss Of A Cousin