Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: Friday, December 06, 2019
Remembering My Mother
by Belinda Stotler My mother seems so far away from me
On that beautiful white shore across the sea.
Yet I remember love's soft glow upon her face
And the feel of her touch and tender embrace.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Day!
Poem of the Week for: 12/03/2019 - 12/09/2019
Famous poet Christina Rossetti was born this week (on December 5) back in 1830. Celebrate her birthday with this poem that is a reflection on meaningful aspects of life. She puts tangible and intangible things side by side to convey the depth and frailty of life. We will all experience these at one point or another. We will all face heavy moments in life, realize how quickly time is moving, see the frailty of life, and ponder deep thoughts.
What Are Heavy?
by Christina Rossetti
What are heavy? Sea-sand and sorrow;
What are brief? Today and tomorrow;
What are frail? Spring blossoms and youth;
What are deep? The ocean and truth.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Week!
- Death Is Nothing At All by Henry Scott-Holland
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- Now We Are Six by A. A. Milne
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Douglas Malloch Good Timber
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer The Invitation
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Edgar Guest Equipment
- Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman
- Maya Angelou Still I Rise
- Edgar Guest A Friend's Greeting
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox Life's Scars
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Sad Alone Mask
- Life Meaning We Can All Shine
- Friend Thank You Just Who You Are
- Friend Best Friend Angel Of My Life
- Friend True Friend My Friend, How Precious You Are To Me
- Holiday Thanksgiving Poor Mrs. Peel
- Death Death Son Passing Time
- Family Aging Invisibility
- Holiday Thanksgiving Being Thankful
- Spiritual Prayer A Prayer Of Thanks
- Holiday Thanksgiving Sleigh Dream
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Death Death Husband Missing You
- Sad Love Missing You The Game