Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: Friday, August 23, 2019
When God Comforted Me
by Colleen Mclean From heaven he was delivered
As a baby unto you,
When God said to me softly
I'm trusting you to do
Subscribe to the Poem of the Day!
Poem of the Week for: 08/20/2019 - 08/26/2019
Celebrate famous poet Edgar Guest's birthday (born August 20, 1881) with this poem. We have all faced troubles. Some feel more catastrophic than others, but they all have a way of making us stop and evaluate the way we meet them. It's natural to want to run from difficulties. We don't want to face discomfort, so it's easy to do things to avoid it, but Edgar Guest encourages readers to "see it through." He urges the reader to face trouble head-on and remember that you're not alone. Many others have been in your shoes before. How does this poem motivate you to push through the situation you are facing right now? We'd love for you to leave a comment.
See It Through
by Edgar Guest
When you’re up against a trouble,
Meet it squarely, face to face;
Lift your chin and set your shoulders,
Plant your feet and take a brace.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Week!
- Death Is Nothing At All by Henry Scott-Holland
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- Now We Are Six by A. A. Milne
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Edgar Guest A Child Of Mine
- Oriah Mountain Dreamer The Invitation
- Edgar Guest The Stick-Together Families
- Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman
- Edgar Guest Equipment
- Maya Angelou Still I Rise
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox Life's Scars
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Sad Alone Mask
- Love Moving On My Boat
- Children For Kids Reminiscence
- Children Funny Boisterous Joe!
- Children For Kids Life In Fairy Land
- Family Growing Up I Remember
- Friend Best Friend A Friend
- Children For Kids Did You Know?
- Children Lesson Spreading Love Through Acts Of Kindness
- Children Lesson Listen To Mum
- Children For Kids Support Imagination
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Death Death Husband Missing You
- Death Death Family The Loss Of A Cousin