Family Friend Poems
Looking for a Poem? You've come to right place! Family Friend Poems is your home for Loving. Healing. Touching. Poems. With thousands of poems organized by theme, we work hard to be your destination for reading, sharing and connecting with poetry.
Read More about us, or start reading poems below.
Poem of the Day For: Monday, July 16, 2018
Ernest Hemingway’s birthday is coming up this week (July 21, 1899-July 2, 1961). He did a lot of traveling in his life, which influenced his writing. Serving as an ambulance driver during World War I also impacted what he wrote as he captured that time period.
Advice To A Son
by Ernest Hemingway Never trust a white man,
Never kill a Jew,
Never sign a contract,
Never rent a pew.
Subscribe to the Poem of the Day!
Poem of the Week for: 07/10/2018 - 07/16/2018
Have you been to the beach yet this summer? What sounds come to mind from your last visit to the beach? For this week's poet the sounds of the beach are, Swoosh, Boom, Crunch, Howl.
Mindfulness is the practice of being present in the moment. When we consciously make the effort to be mindful, each sensation we experience becomes louder, richer and more meaningful. Life moves too fast. We can all benefit from creating rich memorable moments.
Let's make wonderful memories this summer. Memories that will stay with us throughout the year and for the rest of our lives!
Swoosh, Boom, Crunch, Howl
by Hayden Myer
The sun rises higher and higher, like a blossoming flower, as the children play...
Beach, Beach, Beach
The zephyr catches my skin like a wide receiver playing football...
Swoosh, Swoosh, Swoosh
- Death Is Nothing At All by Henry Scott-Holland
- It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
- Fire And Ice by Robert Frost
- If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking by Emily Dickinson
- Edna St. Vincent Millay The Ballad Of The Harp Weaver
- Henry Scott-Holland Death Is Nothing At All
- Edgar Guest Have You Earned Your Tomorrow
- Edgar Guest A Child Of Mine
- Edgar Allan Poe Annabel Lee
- Rudyard Kipling If
- Maya Angelou Still I Rise
- Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman
- Maya Angelou Human Family
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow A Psalm Of Life
- Love To Boyfriend I Know You
- Love To Boyfriend My Promise To You
- Love To Boyfriend Thinking Of You
- Love To Boyfriend Forever And Always
- Sad Depression Demons Of Darkness
- Love Short Poem From My Heart
- Love Falling in Love When Love Begins
- Sad Depression Behind The Mask
- Sad Love Heartbreak I Tried So Hard
- Love Long Distance My Dearest Love
- Life Inspirational Live In The Now
- Life Lesson We Are All Human
- Death Death Wife Little Signs
- Teen Moving On Back Into The Light
- Nature Ocean Sea
- Nature Ocean The Sea
- Love Forever Everlasting Love
- Life Change Rainy Days When I Was Young
- Life Change Yes, I'll Go On Laughing
- Sad Mental Illness Puppet
- Sad Abuse No Way Out From Sexual Abuse
- Death Death Husband My Lost Love
- Death In Memory In Memory Of My Dad
- Death Death Son A Picture Of You
- Death Death Mother Dear Mom I Miss You
- Death Death Father Wish You Were Here
- Death Death Sister Missing My Sister And Best Friend
- Death Death Son I Love You, Son
- Sad Love Missing You The Game
- Death Death Family The Loss Of A Cousin