These touching poems are perfect for kids to share with their dads to celebrate Father’s Day.
Collections by Tynea Lewis
1 - 10 of 59
Mother's Day Poems For Grandmothers From Grandchildren
Grandmother poems perfect for grandchildren to share with their grandmothers for Mother's Day.
There may be a Grandparent's Day but Grandmothers are mothers too. The poems in this collection are loving poems to share with a grandmother for kids and adults. Mothers day poems for a grandson and granddaughter.
Poems For Mother's Day From Daughters
These poems are perfect for daughters to share with their mothers on Mother's Day.
These Mother Daughter poems have been selected for Daughters to share with their mothers for Mother's Day. Daughters have a different relationship with their mothers than sons. The Mother Daughter relationship is special and unique and these poems especially reflect that particular aspect.
Poems Chosen As The Acrostic Poetry Contest Finalists
Thank you to everyone who submitted wonderful poems to the April 2019 Acrostic Poetry Contest. We have narrowed down the semi-finalists to this list of 10 finalists. Help us choose a winner by voting and sharing your favorites! First place and runner-up selections will be announced on May 6 and in our Poem of the Week.
We are excited to announce that "The Poetry Masters" has been selected as the Acrostic Poetry Contest winner! Congratulations, Debra L. Brown! Congratulations also goes out to Jodi M. Kucera, whose poem, "Father," was chosen as the Acrostic Poetry Contest runner-up! Thank you to everyone who submitted poems to the April contest.
Acrostic Poems For Fathers, Mothers, Grandmothers, Sisters And Brothers
An acrostic poem is a fun poetry form where letters within the lines of that poem (at the beginning, middle, or end) spell out a specific word. That word is reflective of the topic or theme of the poem.
These acrostic poems highlight the tight bond between family members. They include Acrostic poems for Fathers, Mothers, Grandmothers, Sisters and Brothers.
Acrostic Poems About Poetry, Relationships, And Special Occasions
These poems have been selected as semi-finalists for the April 2019 Acrostic Poetry Contest.
Our Editors determine the winning poem based on content, but you can let us know your top poems by rating, sharing, adding to your favorites and commenting on your favorite poems.
- Acrostic Poetry Contest, First Prize $50 Amazon.com Gift Card!
- Submission Deadline is April 25th.
- Semi-Finalists Published through April 28th.
- Finalists Announced: April 30th.
- Winner Announced: May 6
Submit 1 original Acrostic Poem on one of these topics:
- What does poetry mean to you? Pick one word (e.g. hope, encouragement, relief, healing, humor, etc.) and write an acrostic about it.
- What does a relationship or occasion mean to you? Pick a relationship (e.g mother, grandfather, little sister, best friend, etc.), but NOT the name of a person OR an occasion (e.g birthday, Merry Christmas, wedding, happy anniversary, etc.) and write an acrostic about it.
What we are looking for:
When crafting your poem, keep in mind that we are looking to publish poems that…
- Follow the rules of the acrostic form. An Acrostic is a poem where the first, middle or last letters of each line spell out a word. (See How To Write An Acrostic Poem and Examples of Acrostic Poems)
- Have a clear message
- Are heartfelt
- Appeal to a wide audience – your poem is more likely to be shared that way
- 1 entry per person.
- All semi-finalist will be published on our website.
- Winner will be selected by our Editors and will be notified by Email.
1 - 10 of 59